A full roof replacement consists of the following:
- Tear-off existing shingles down to the roof decking
- Cleaning and preparing the roof decking
- Replacing roof decking if needed
- Installing new shingles (The brand and color customer choice)
- Installing new step flashing on chimney
- Installing new counter flashing on chimney, tuck point new metal into brick and solder metal work
- Installing all new step flashing on sidewalls
- Installing new valleys using the closed cut valley system (Metal Valleys available upon request)
- Replacing any existing roof ventilation if necessary or installing new ventilation upon request
- Cleaning all existing gutters
- Painting exposed metal flashing and pipes
- Cleaning-up and hauling away all debris
- Picking up all debris around the house
How will I know to claim a full roof replacement?
If your roof is no longer made, in profile or color, it will be impossible to match the roof and entire sections will need to be replaced.